All authorized items will be inspected prior to entering the flight line. It is recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of authorized items to reduce the time required for inspection prior to access into the flight line area.
The following items are permitted:
- Cell phones, tablets and FRS transceivers (may be asked to turn off / on)
- Handheld portable televisions, radios and scanners
- Small fanny packs and purses
- Cameras and camcorders (owners should not load film prior to entering the show area as they may be required to open all compartments at Security Checkpoints).
- Camera Bags will be searched upon entry
- Folding chairs and lawn chairs (chairs in bags subject to search)
- Umbrellas and sunshades (No larger than 40” arc size)
- Baby bags and strollers, with an infant or small child (Strollers not permitted in grandstand area.)
In order to keep possibly dangerous items outside the flight line, ALL bags will be inspected as you come through flight line entry points and all individuals are subject to search. To keep delays to a minimum, remember that the following items are not permitted on to the flight line and may be confiscated:
- Ice chests or coolers. While ice chests/coolers are NOT permitted an exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a specified lane at each gate. Medical marijuana is not permitted anywhere on the installation; please do not bring it to the base.
- Large bags (bags larger than a large purse or diaper bag), duffle bags, briefcases
- All weapons (regardless of permit) including: firearms, knives (including pocket knives and multi-tools), walking sticks (except for handicap use) and all other items that the security force deems dangerous. Any confiscated items will not be returned.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Pets (other than service animals)
- Glass containers
- Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades or skateboards
- No outside food and beverage
- Tents, Portable or temporary awnings, cabanas, umbrellas (No larger than 40” arc size)
- All illegal drugs, including marijuana whether for medical or recreational use, are not allowed on the base; please do not bring these items with you
Smoking (cigarettes and e-cigarettes)
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the flight line in the vicinity of aircraft, vendor tents or chalets. Please smoke in designated areas only. Anyone smoking outside of the designated areas will be directed to the smoking areas
- Unattended bags and packages will be removed from the premises
- Neither strollers nor wheelchairs will be available for rent at the Air Show
- We strongly recommend sun protection, including hat, long-sleeved shirts and long pants and sunscreen
- Wear comfortable footwear; the flight line is paved and you may walk long distances.
- All vendor vehicles will be subject to search.
Please keep in mind that your safety is our primary concern. Remember the following important safety tips:
- Uniformed security personnel are there to help. Follow all instructions from uniformed security personnel.
- Very few things on our flight line are soft to the touch; most things are made of metal and have lots of edges on them. Keep your eyes focused in the direction you’re walking and be aware of low-hanging (and flying!) aircraft components.
- Medical personnel are on call to render assistance to anyone that requires it. Notify any uniformed security person or air show worker if you or any member of your group requires medical attention.
- Pay Attention - Watch where you are walking. Trip hazards are everywhere. Stay aware of your surroundings and watch for moving vehicles.
- Drink Water - Stay hydrated. If you are drinking alcohol, please drink in moderation as alcohol can cause dehydration. Do not rely on sugary drinks for hydration.
- Plan For Noise - Jets can make a lot of noise so we strongly suggest you bring earplugs or ear protection especially for the little ones.
- Plan Ahead - Do find out where you can get medical aid or seek assistance if you need it. If you are in a group and you get separated, where will you meet? If you have children with you make sure they know how to get help if they get lost. Please stop by the information booth if you have children.
We will make every attempt to lessen delays while entering or leaving the Air Show.